Sunday 18 August 2013

wear | transitioning: summer to autumn

Here in England, the sun doesn't make frequent appearances, so when it is out, we like to go and buy every pair of shorts, every summery dress and every tank top that we can find. This, in hindsight, is rather stupid behaviour, seeing as as soon as we're home again, the sun has hidden behind a cloud! So I thought, let's make the first wear post on how to completely transform your favourite summer items into pieces which work interchangeably with your summer and autumn wardrobe. That floral day dress and pastel top can be worn later in the year, and I hope this post will give some inspiration as to how you can style your own summer items to make them autumn ones.

Just before I post any pictures, I want to make it clear that these outfits have not been posted to dictate what you should wear, but they are here for you to take parts from them and add them to your own personal style if you wish. Your style is whatever you want it to be.

1. Black Jumpsuit
I would definitely recommend a look in your local charity shop if you have never tried it before. You will be surprised what hidden gems you will find!
Charity shop
SUMMER
Add beaded necklaces, sunglasses and strappy sandals to this outfit for an effortless but chic outfit ticking all the boxes for sightseeing whilst on holiday or shopping!

AUTUMN 
Wear over an unbuttoned chiffon shirt with black flats for a workman esque outfit with a feminine touch.


2. Black Denim Skirt
Love this black mini! So versatile.
Front 
Back
H&M
SUMMER
Team your skirt with canvas shoes and a light, pale-coloured top to achieve an easy summer outfit for a busy day at home. Wear hair up to complete the look.

AUTUMN
I changed the summer outfit by adding a colourful knitted cardigan, tights and brown leather boots. I let my hair loose and added a gold ring for a more relaxed look. Personally, I love the cardigan and dinosaur top combo - it's an unlikely combination that works.




3. Pastel Yellow Jumper  
I love this jumper from Pull and Bear, the material crosses over at the back - I'd never seen a jumper like it before. 
Back
Pull and Bear
Front
SUMMER
This jumper looks really good with another pastel or light colour. I wore mine with a pair of high waisted white shorts and added a straw boater. This is my favourite of the outfits because all the items work so well together and give an aura of happiness to my look.

AUTUMN
The blue jeans compliment the pale yellow in the autumn look for this jumper. This jumper is a tricky one to make suitable for autumn because the colour is so summery. Add some robust necklaces to transform this item into a piece fit for autumn.

4. Floral Day Dress
This is one of Mum's old dresses which I absolutely ADORE.
New Look

SUMMER
This dress can be worn alone in summer for a quick outfit which will always look good. I wear mine with my favourite beaded necklaces.



AUTUMN
For autumn, sling a short taupe knitted jumper over the dress and add dangly earrings for an easy way to make this outfit warmer!

I hope you liked this first wear post, and managed to draw some inspiration out of it for your own transitioning. Expect more to come!

Enjoy today!!
- sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment